The Stourbridge Sprint Meet will take place on 11th June at Wolverhampton Swimming Baths.
There’s more information at the address shown below, including entry forms, meet conditions and programme of events
This is a perfect introductory meet as the entry times are set to discourage the really fast swimmers and encourage the younger or less-experienced swimmer. There are medals for 2nd to 6th place and a Crystal Trophy for 1st place in each event/age group.
As this is a very popular meet and they are operating on a first come, first served basis I am asking for entry forms to be returned to me no later than Monday 20th March. Entry forms and cheques (made payable to Evesham Swimming Club) can be given to me or posted in the club postbox on the noticeboard.
It would lovely to see some of our younger/newer swimmers at this meet, it’s one we have supported for some years and really is geared up to encourage swimmers to give an Open Meet a go!
What you need to know
- Date of Meet: Sunday 11th June 2017
- Warm-up Time: 08:40 (TBC)
- Venue: Central Baths, Wolverhampton
- Open to swimmers from 9 years old to 14 years old who are registered as ASA CAT2
- Age is at midnight 11th June 2017
- Upper Qualifying times apply, no time faster than the upper time will be accepted
- Events are 50m All Strokes, 100m IM
- Awards go to the fastest 6 in each age group, male and female, in all events
- Entry fee is £5.25 per event, cheques to be made payable to Evesham Swimming Club please as we will send in one cheque from the club
- The organisers wish to encourage entries that have times to make it easier for them to plan the meet and so any swimmers entering with no time will only be accepted if there is sufficient capacity
- There will be a guaranteed minimum of 2 Team Managers . I will also ask Richard and Andy to let me know if they are able to support this with a coach, so there could be 2 Team Managers or 1 Coach (Level 1 or 2) and a Team Manager, I will be able to confirm nearer the date.
CLOSING DATE for entries is 20th March 2017
If you need any further information please don’t hesitate to contact me. If you are unsure as to whether this would be a suitable meet for you/your child please speak to your coach for advice. Any queries as to how an Open Meet works please feel free to ask me.